Monday, March 10, 2008

Strep By Strep....

or how the Dream House became the headquarters of the Alexander Fleming Fan Club.


It all started with number two, who came home from school on Tuesday feeling a little "woozy." Not a whiner or a complainer by nature (unless he feels one of his brothers is getting something and he is not) I kept him home and took him to the doctor. Strep.

We are all a bit susceptible. The youngest Blandings went down Friday. I'm sad to say, I woke up with it yesterday. My sincerest apologies to everyone at both parties I attended this weekend. More tomorrow when my head isn't aching and my throat isn't a-flame. Penicillin is a wonder drug.

Image, above, unsourced dream bedroom from the files. This is where I wish I were convalescing, instead of the rumpled mess that is my reality.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, chere Mme Blandings! We'll miss you when you're down and cheer you when you're on the way back up. Lots of liquids and sleep...

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better fast!!!!How did you get a picture of my bedroom? LOL

mcinkc said...

Hang in there... I thought I had escaped the muck but got socked with it a couple weeks ago. Spring is right around the corner! No, really.
And surely you've been given a little bell to ring when the boys need to fetch you something, right?

Pigtown-Design said...

Feel better soon!

LondonCalling said...

Get well soon!

linda said...

Hope all the Blandings feel better soon.

Style Court said...

Hope all are feeling better soon!

The Peak of Chic said...

Oh no! Strep is the worst. You and the boys take care and get well soon!!!

Kwana said...

Oh I'm so sorry. Get well soon.

pve design said...

Sounds to me like a good game of "Strep Poker" is in order. Let the chips fall where they may!
Feel better!

Habitually Chic said...

Hope you feel better soon! I thought I had it bad with the cough that still won't go away. I see now it could have been a lot worse!

Things That Inspire said...

oh yes, I have been there! I always know one of my children have strep when they complain of a headache and stomach ache (although I always get the throat on fire version). I hope you are feeling better!

annechovie said...

Strep is horrid! I've ony had it once, but my doctor told me it was the worst case he'd ever seen. Talk about pain and discomfort! I feel for you and hope you are better soon!