Friend of a Friend

Back in December folks were ohhing and ahhing over Aerin Lauder's home in the December issue of (the much missed) House and Garden.  I seem to remember a bit of discussion about the choice of blue candles in the dining room.  Hmmm.....blue.  I'm usually an all white girl when it comes to candles, but could see that, for the image at least, white would not be right.

Then, one of the features I always look forward to in Elle Decor, "shortlist" featured Steven Gambrel's list of things that he cannot live without.

And look.  Number 8 is slate-grey tapers by Creative Candles.  I adore Creative Candles; they are on my list as well.  Unfamiliar with the slate grey I emailed my friend at the company and asked if she could provide an image.  I was expecting a snap of her holding a handful of said shade when she provided a link to the image below.

Courtesy of Grace Ormande Wedding Style, the slate grey tapers preferred by Gambrel.  I have to say, I can see the appeal.  I am drawn to the crispness of the white, but the grey is more subtle.  It does not become the focal point.  Graceful and lovely, it does the job without screaming for attention.  I need to listen to Jennifer; this color deserves a second look.

Lauder image, and style inspiration, courtesy of The Peak of Chic.

Labels: