Monday, September 29, 2008

Speaking of...


Remember these two?  Joe Nye?  Eddie Ross?  I mentioned them in the same post last Thursday and they both emailed to tell me they would be attending the same event that very night.


And would I like to come?  Would I!  Sadly, no private jet in the Blandings's stables to whisk me off to New York, so I had to make do with lots of good snaps the next day.


Joe hosted a show for the Dutch Touch Art Company.  Barbara von Schreiber and Shawn Silver are a mother and daughter team who are supplying hand painted decorative canvases based on little known masters of  the sixteenth through nineteenth centuries, along with some original work.


Traditional themes with a modern twist, the canvases are generally quite large.


The beautiful, graphic pieces would surely add some punch to any interior.


Hmmm...even the duck club, perhaps?


I do wish I could have been there.  These 20 x 20 paintings particularly caught my eye.  This is what I usually want to do with paintings anyway - stand so close, nose almost touching, to see every detail.


And look, they had the perfect perch for me right there decked in green and white floral just in case I wore less than sensible shoes.


Not that I could have borne sitting in a corner with all that sparkling company bouncing around.  The exhibit is open through November 1st at the Art & Design Building, 1059 3rd Ave.  Pop in if you have a chance.

The event was also hosted by Downtown and the Claremont Showroom.  Photos courtesy of Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar, making them the perfect guests.

17 comments:

halcyon said...

Thanks for posting about Eddie's blog. I love it and he answers the posts!
love his aesthetic. Wish I had access to the tag sales he goes to!

Karena said...

Look at those cute guys! And the art. They look like museum works....I wish I could see this exhibit!

Lecia said...

Beautiful post, as always! I just read in an archived post of yours that you have a journalism background. No wonder I always want to weep after reading your posts, they are so perfect.

Mrs. Blandings said...

halcyon - If Eddie stops responding, blame me. I emailed him the other day and told him his readership is going to soar - if he keeps emailing everyone back he's going to have to quit his day job. It shows that he's having a blast. And, yes, the tag sales and flea markets are tempting. I'm not sure I have his eagle eye.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Karena - they are cute, aren't they?

Mrs. Blandings said...

Lecia - thanks!

MIMILEE said...

What beautiful visuals to feast my eyes upon this morning, Mrs. B!
As usual, you haven't disappointed me!
I only wish I could take off to NYC to see it in person! Now wouldn't that be delightful!
Thanks for the wonderful post today!

Style Court said...

Hey, isn't that the chair I used way back as an example of the renewed interest in floral prints? I love it!

Eddie took great pictures. Wonderful large scale birds. Like your idea for the duck club.

Pigtown-Design said...

Wow! That looks like a great place!! And I'll bet it was a fun party!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Mimilee - me, too!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - hey! I thought so, too. Check the site - lots of great animals and florals.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Meg - it does look like a fun party - I guess being in KC does have it's downsides.

Dianne said...

Cute guys, great post! Wonderful way to start the day!

The Peak of Chic said...

I know we missed a FUN party! Oh well, after reading your post I felt like I was there :)

Visual Vamp said...

Woop woop Mrs. B! You have two of the hottest guys inviting you to New York!
Seriously, what a fantastic post to be able to see Joe Nye's paintings.
And, yes yes yes, get one for The Duck Club!

The Quintessential Magpie (Sheila) said...

Sigh. If only polygamy were legal and Joe and Eddie, willing. Such amazing talent and cuteness (note Joe's glasses and Eddie's bow tie) rolled into two men!

Would loved to have been a fly on the wall or a bee on the tulip, as the case may be.

Sheila

pve design said...

...and if you were there, you surely would have been a rose, between two thorns. Two very cute thorns though. Oh to be a fly on the wall or in one of those Nye paintings.