Back to the Table

As promised, I managed to snag a few images from the Tablescapes luncheon.  Round Trip Imports decorated the space above and I think you can see why I grabbed a card and made a point to hop on K-10.

I like it when I can pick up an idea that I can easily replicate myself like this chair decoration from Zabedo.  I've done boots and sunflowers, but I like the hydrangeas as it's a flower that's pretty easy to lay your hands on around here three seasons of  the year.

Provence on the Prairie showed off their Halloween spirit.  I think this is a clever use of black and white toile.  One of #3's friends has a mommy who is hip to Halloween.  Since the first of the month she has had her stately home graced with giant spiders.  Her indoor Halloween decorations rival any Christmas extravaganza.  Everyday since the youngest Blandings laid eyes on it he's asked, "Halloween decorations today?"  You have no idea his disappointment to hear, "Yes!" and see the three tattered pumpkins and such.  I could use a few of these charmers myself.



La Plates had another take on holiday taking a pass on the traditional red and green.  This lively table is just what you need when holiday obligations start to get the best of you.

Roy Frey Western Lifestyles kept with the cow town theme using retro looking dishes and whip-stitched cowhide.

While Will Wyatt's Cowboy Couture lived up to their name using graphic chargers and gleaming aluminum against chic brown and white.

Trapp's is one of the city's finest florists and event coordinators; these tight, individual arrangements are another you could try at home.

And, I have to say, Pear Tree was one of my favorites.

Soothing and elegant green and white, elaborately planned and displayed, yet conscious of the needs of their guests.  These are the cloches I dashed in to grab the day of my last dinner party.  Aren't the beans delightful?

And, a party favor for the lucky guests, as if the event itself were not treat enough.

If you don't read the comments, you wouldn't know, but Courtney has been teasing me about my outfit since I first mentioned this event.  So, Court, as you can see, it's all variations on the same theme.  Domino skirt from J. Crew, Brooks Brothers blouse and a fistful of onyx beads.  Out of camera range the black, pointy toed sling-backs that on closer inspection need a bit of a polish.

Labels: