Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gilt, No Guilt!

Here's a little treat to brighten your day and you don't even have to be up early to get the goods.  You might know about gilt.com a jazzy little group of some pretty smart folks who thought, "Why should New Yorkers have all the fun?" when it comes to sample sales.
So they hooked up with some stylish goods and put their sample sales on line.  Yep, terrific stuff at up to 70% off.  Membership is by invitation only (this is usually where I get tripped up) and they have invited me and I am inviting you.
Membership is free once you are invited.  Just log on and take a look at what they've found.  Sales are on a first-come-first serve basis and usually last 36 hours.  As you may have guessed from the images some items from Mrs. John L. Strong will go on sale today at noon Eastern time.  Watch for Ankasa later this week.  Gilt.com also represents clothing designers for both men and women.  Names you might recognize.  Like Oscar and Kate.

Just to clarify, I don't get a darn thing out of the deal.  Geez, you're such a skeptic.

11 comments:

David said...

Thanks for hooking us up Mrs. B! I hope nobody at the office needs me around 11 tomorrow morning...

Cote de Texas said...

my daughter has a fashion blog
www.fashionlovr.com and she blogged about this!!! I'm so proud that she scooped you! I am cracking up. how does she know these things? too funny. I didn't pay attention when it came from her, but from you, now I will listen. explain that one too.

Anonymous said...

And this can all happen from the comfort of our own chair.
No elbow jabs or tug o' wars - oh, the sample sale drama.....

Thank you for being your gracious self, Mrs B.
Cheers,
Alison (WI)

Karena said...

Thanks so much for this info Patricia! Great brands and designers...

Mrs. Blandings said...

Joni - it's about fashion, hence my ignorance - but I'm dying to see what Ansaka is putting up there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Blandings!
You will be thrilled to know that for each person that you sign up who ends up buying something you will receive a 25$ credit!!
I love this place. Everything is so pretty!
Good luck!

pve design said...

Thanks for invite to shop gilt, "guilt-free!"

victoria thorne said...

Mrs. B.

Alison is right; you are the soul of graciousness. It is always a joy to stop by. Like sunshine!

Emily Amy Gallery said...

Thanks so much for the invitation...I cannot wait to see what is available!!

Renovation Therapy said...

Expect lots of these "member only shopping circles" to crop up this year. We had a trend meeting last week from a marketing firm and they said that most manufacturers (high & low) are jumping on these new retail distribution channels.

columnist said...

Thanks for that. Very desirable stationery items, (the best of which already sold out, darn it!) Anyway, I'm not sure yet whether they ship outside the USA. Safer for me, (my wallet), if they don't. Thanks for the intro.