Thursday, February 26, 2009

btw

Heather Clawson at Habitually Chic recently posted on having your "left over" domino subscription transfered to another Conde Nast publication.  She thoughtfully provided a source for the phone number in the comments section.  I, however, am lazy and thought I'd try email.  Worked beautifully as you can see and Katie has such nice manners.

I went to the vanityfair.com.  At the upper right hand corner there is a link to "subscription questions."  After clicking there I scrolled down to "other services: email customer service" and emailed my request.  It did take a couple of days to hear back.  I'm sure any of the publications would be just as accommodating. 

9 comments:

Dickie said...

Could you provide what email address you used for your request?

THX

J said...

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea we could do that. I just emailed about it.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Dickie - I added it to the post as well - a great suggestions - but you can contact customer service at vanityfair.com and they will hook you up.

erika said...

If you don't request a specific mag, any idea what will they send? Thanks for being so helpful!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Erika - my guess would be Architectural Digest if you don't already receive it. That is what my default was when HG folded. I prefer NOT to receive it, so it was worth the effort to email. I did notice that Mr. B has started receiving Portfolio in lieu of his Men's Vogue. It think it maybe be better not to leave it to chance.

maison21 said...

yuck- i don't want anymore copies of AD (like you, i starting getting it after HG folded). better get hot to subsitute vanity fair.

thanks for the suggestion, mrs. b- an ounce of prevention is worth not receiving a pound of a magazine i do not want...

cripes- now i'm mad about the whole thing all over again! how could conde nast do this too us?

Mrs. Blandings said...

Darling M - you know my hate/hate relationship with AD. Maddening to have it arrive, flip through and toss it straight to recycling. Mr. B is also grateful as he does not have to hear by page-by-page analysis.

Toby Worthington said...

Mrs B, Im feeling that my aversion to AD has been vindicated by your candid remarks. So glossy, so rich, so thick, so full, so pompous. Nearly every room looks embalmed with all that even lighting. Derry Moore's work being, as always, the welcome exception.Yet the writing is often excellent~let us give credit where due.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Toby - I completely agree - and, there are a few designers I really enjoy who do not show up anywhere else. I think you are spot on with the lighting observation.