Monday, June 29, 2009

Pop Quiz - 9


For those of you who are new, or newish, to Mrs. Blandings every now and again I spring a pop quiz.


Culled from a burgeoning file of vintage tear sheets are images that I put up on the screen then give you half a day or so to guess the designer.


Eventually I will be back to let you know if anyone has guessed it and if not I'll offer up the answer.

This may be more obvious than I think.

The curve of this mantle looks like a glimpse of a woman's leg just stepping into the frame. And the jumble of books breaks the severity of the rest of the room. Why do I fear that this same picture today would feature all spines in?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

thomas o'brien

michael said...

This is Tom ford's apartment !!

little augury said...

I shall guess Tom Ford a la Gucci heyday. la

Diane Dorrans Saeks said...

Mrs B:

Your post is brilliant.
It almost does not matter who the designer is--these rooms are so original, so heartening, so soulful, and so chic, in a relaxed way. There are a million lessons for a designer to learn.

Have a great quiz...and in the meantime, love the images.

Martha said...

What is the deal with spines in? I first saw that at Nell Hills and then it is now in magazines?

As to the designer, I haven't a clue but then I'm not that designer savy.

Michele from Boston said...

I'm going to go with Peter Marino. It looks like Giancarlo Giametti's Jack Russell.

Foodie said...

Tom Ford's apartment in London, if I recall.

mary said...

That bookcase looks a lot like my bookcase in my office.....I will now stop doing guilt on myself for having a mess! I love the room with the French marble fireplace.

Pigtown-Design said...

David Hicks?

And can I just say, as an avid book reader, I think the spines-in way of displaying books is dumb. How do you find anything you're looking for without pulling out all of the books?

linda said...

Vincent Wolfe?

Lauren Chattman said...

I just discovered your blog. Beautiful and inspiring. And funny.

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere, that spines go in after you've read the book. Kind of brilliant, I think, no more going through every book on the shelf to find what's next.

ks said...

i'm sure i could google it,
but i just want to say
it'd be where bill blass lived, if he still did.

i used to love looking at pictures of his rooms.
this reminds me of him.

Anonymous said...

Ron Radziner