More Summer DIY


Recent mentions here and here of covering furniture in paper made me sit up and take note of this desk from designer David Whitcomb's townhouse in The New York Times Book of Interior Design and Decoration. Whitcomb used a small pattern to jazz up the simple Parsons-esque lines.


Which reminded me of Courtney's reference to Nick Olsen's Ikea coffee table photographed by Paul Costello for domino. Nick's tips for such a project? "The pros use wallpaper paste but I slopped on rubber cement! I like it because you can reposition more easily and it's not water-based so thin paper (like the marbleized stuff I used) doesn't warp or wrinkle."

More handy tips and design musings from Nick here and here. Because one blog is never enough.

The Whitcomb image by Daniel Eifert.

Labels: ,