Thursday, May 20, 2010

Best In Show

A quick heads-up (tails-up?) about the Crestwood Dog Show this Saturday. I'd tell you not to go enter your dog in the Most Wonderful Dog category as Rosie would be a sure winner, but I'm not sure that Miss Rose will be in attendance. (She can be, well, I hate to say it, but sometimes she's, yes, a bit of bitch. Honestly. Not with people, but with other dogs. She delights in them at a distance, but then seems affronted to discover that there could be another canine in existence as we get close. It's terribly embarrassing, really. She's quite selective about her friends. Completely devoted to Luna and perpetually friendly to Murphy and Jack. All others are suspect.)

As well as Most Wonderful Dog (subcategories small, medium and large), you can register your doggy darling in the Best in Show and Best Dressed. Prizes for winning pups. Registration is $10 and benefits Wayside Waifs.

10 comments:

David said...

I'm familiar with that embarssment. Alex loves everyone, people and dogs alike. But at almost 12 Jack has become a total crank. Barks at everything and everyone. Pays no attention to me when I lecture about how he's only isolating himself in his sunset years...

North of 25A said...

What a terrific cause!

Mrs. Blandings said...

David - you made me laugh which is no easy task after 157 days of rain.

Michele from Boston said...

Mrs. B., when I saw the price on that drinks tray, I remembered a site I once bought Moroccan tea glasses from a year or so ago. www.talumba.com. They have the traditional swinging drinks trays in brass for $69.99 and a pretty engraved tray version in nickel covered copper for $71.99. Not as colorful, but easier on the wallet.
BTW - my Jack Russell is the same. LOVES other dogs from a distance, but quite another matter face to face. LOL.

mary said...

157 days of rain???? You definitely need a dose (extended perhaps) of California (or Hawaii) sun. Poor Miss Rose!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Mary - I might be exaggerating a smidge. It feels like 157.

Anonymous said...

Michele from Boston --
The website is www.tulumba.com
Just in case anyone else tries to look it up ...

home before dark said...

Even with all of this rain, we are just barely catching up with last year's at this time. But agree, it's too wet to garden and it is gray. Not my color. Our schnauzer was really a person in a dog suit. I took him to a groomer whose doberman sat on the floor and policed dogs that went by. My little person walked by Bruno who didn't moved, just stuck out his big tongue and said hello in a rather lurid way and my dog looked at me in confusion as if to say, "Why would he do something like that to me?" Next dog will have to have doggie play dates to learn how to be a dog. Perhaps a dogcologist.

Mrs. Blandings said...

HBD - I do believe that though I am mystified. I was just telling Mr. B how much I loathed 4th quarter at KU. Dreaded the long walks in the rain to class day after day; longed for the hot Oklahoma and Texas summers. The weather is not why we live here.

And, as for socializing my pup - I said the same thing after the last one. I never seem to do it. We breed standoffishness, apparently.

beachbungalow8 said...

great logo.