Style in Spades


"She seems so lovely," has been the comment I've heard again and again since the September issue of Spaces hit newsstands and mailboxes. She is. Spaces's September issue focuses on fashion and I was over the moon when my editor requested an interview with native Kansas Citian, Kate Spade. You can read it here.


I was delighted, too, to see Spade wearing Ted Muehling's Queen Anne's Lace earrings in the accompanying photo. They are very high up on my wish list. I made a stop into Muehling's shop on my last trip to New York and was not surprised when the woman who helped me confided, "You know, besides being an amazing designer, Ted is so nice." I've enjoyed knowing that as much as I've enjoyed the earrings I've worn nearly every day since.

Image, top, Spaces, September 2010; photography by Noe Dewitt. Image bottom via Muehling's site from a piece in Departures, October, 2001; I could not find a photo credit, but happy to add it if you have it.

Labels: