Pop Quiz - Axel Vervoordt


I have to say, I thought this was a tough one. Still, Voice Talk chimed in at 10:20 a.m. to say, "Axel Vervoordt, that is, if the lamp shades are a clue. He was one of the first to start using them, no?"


I did not recognize the designer on sight, but once I knew who it was I could see the clues. The long, low footless sofa with the upholstered apron. The not too tight, but not too loose, slipcovers.


The remarkable floor. And there is, in the first image of the last post, a most beautifully draped throw that reminds me of later work.


Kudos to Mr. Furth who emailed me to capture 2nd Place and Sean and Michele who quickly followed. You are all design crazies extraordinaire.

Images, previous post, Architectural Digest, November 1993. Which, as an aside, was a great issue. You might remember that it had that great red dining room with the botanical prints on the cover. Photography by Kees Hageman. Images, this post, Architectural Digest, September 2008, photography by Mario Ciampi.

Labels: