Thursday, February 24, 2011

Word Up


OK, I've given you pictures this week, now you get words.  (I'm on deadline, in case you couldn't tell.)  You might be familiar with Chris Jones from a number of places, but he is currently writing for Esquire.  Jones is also writing a blog about writing, Son of Bold Venture.  It is a blog about writing, but as things seem to go with writers, it is a blog about life.  His latest entry, "Press Box Rules," makes mention of wet hot dogs, but could apply to nearly any profession.

If you enjoy good writing, I think you'll enjoy visiting Mr. Jones.  Here.

4 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

Interesting;
In the box by your post, I knew that was the outlines of the nape of a neck, strong shoulders and the linerar backbone of an Equine!
Could only see Bold...but was pretty sure.
Will check it out.
L.

Karena said...

Thanks Patricia, will check it out. I love Chris' writing.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Nutbird said...

Thanks for the heads up about this blog. I have been reading Esquire for years since the early eighties, but have not paid it too much attention lately. Can you tell your friend to add a box to get subscribers by email? I can't figure out how to get it delivered otherwise. Thanks Ann

Anonymous said...

I loved his post about loneliness. thank you for sharing. And while I'm at it, I loved your heartfelt post above.
My sister died at 29 of cirrhosis. A former homecoming queen that literally, lost everything and everyone on her downward spiral with drinking.
I still shudder from memories of her showing up drunk at my work, and I was too self-concious, too young, too stupid, too everything...to do anything but feel shame. I wish I could turn back the clock.
If I could, I would save her this time.
Thanks for taking time to write, once in a while, about the un-sharable and the hidden. Makes me feel normal.