Light of My Life


"Is Halloween on a full moon?"

"No."

"Then I'm going to be a werewolf, because since it is not a full moon I can just be a regular kid."

"If you don't wear a costume, you can't go trick-or-treating.  House rules."

"Then I'll be a lamp."

With a pause I looked up over the top of my glasses, "I can totally make you a lamp."

Do not double-dog-dare me.  Not to make you a lamp or take the tequila shot or drive to Dallas to see The Who.  Because I will.  When I suggested he tuck the end of an extension cord into the cuff of his pants and carry the plug over his elbow he said, "You have to stop now."

This is my way of explaining why posts have been spotty.  Picking paint colors and working and managing the boys all take a little energy and some creative juju.  Sometimes there is not enough left over for a blog post.  I'm not quitting, just getting things together.  A woman who I worked with a million years ago, one of my favorite women ever, used to say, "I need to get my shit in one sock."  That is, indeed, what I am trying to do.

Labels: