By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea


We've been back from the beach for two weeks, but it seems like ages.


People keep saying things like, "It's as warm as Florida here!"  And it is.  And I don't want to sound contrary, but there's no ocean here.  It's lovely, but not quite the same.


On the last day of our vacation I received an email from a friend who was jetting off to Japan.  "I am too tan and too blonde," I told him.  (I cannot say "no" to the sun.)  He shot back, "Wear blue - it fixes everything."  I did, and he was right.


If cerulean shades are helping, so too is Rooms to Inspire by the Sea.  The books in the Rooms to Inspire series are personal favorites, and I think will prove themselves to be classics.  This particular edition is near and dear as I find beach houses irresistibly appealing.


You will find some favorites (of mine if not of yours): Peter Dunham for Susan and Spencer Croul, India Hicks and David Flint Wood and Tom Scheerer.  There are homes you might not have seen such as John Derian's in Cape Cod, which I think was featured in World of Interiors and Olivier and Zoe de Givenchy.  You can see more here and Courtney Barnes has given the book nice attention on Style Court here.

All images Tim Street-Porter.  The homes featured are, from top India Hicks and David Flint Wood (both the first and the second,) Richard Shapiro and the final two Dunham. 

Labels: