Cover Girl


I've been to Zim Loy's house loads of times.  I've been there for large, catered holiday parties and I've been there for small, casual weeknight dinners.


Zim is my editor at Spaces Kansas City magazine and the first time I was in her house I was a new to the line-up.  And I was a little nervous.  For about four minutes.  Four minutes was about as long as it took to point me in the direction of the spot to drop my coat and to put a drink in my hand.  As all good hostesses do, she attracts a lively crowd.


And now you've been invited to Zim's, too.  Her new house is on the cover of the June issue of House Beautiful.  I've shared a few images here, but there is more to see inside and her DIY advice is pretty handy as well.  On newsstands pretty darn soon or hopefully dropping in your mailbox as we speak.

All images courtesy of House Beautiful, June 2012; photography Jonny Valiant.

Labels: