Monday, November 4, 2013

Out and About

The air here is as crisp as green apples and the chill brings a burst of activity.  Those with creative minds have a wealth of inspiration available to them this week.


Textile designer and artist Lori Weitzner will be at Black Bamboo Tuesday evening from 5 - 7.  As of this writing there was still space available.  You can make your reservation here.


 Elizabeth Diller, founding principal at Diller, Scofidio + Renfro is speaking at the Nelson Thursday at 6 o'clock; tickets available here.


Friday Haw/Contemporary (formerly Dolphin Gallery) opens its second show with a reception from 5 - 9.  More information about this and future exhibits is available on their site.

I am going with my oldest son to see Diller.  After checking the site he agreed, saying, "Her firm does some pretty legit stuff." It's not easy to impress a seventeen-year-old or get him to hang out with his mother.  I need to take advantage of it.

4 comments:

Bruce Barone said...

He will be glad he did!

pve design said...

The son that said that, is he the Architect?
I love when our kids say things that make us listen.
legit. love it.
pve

cindy hattersley design said...

Gotta give those teenagers a dose of art & architecture when they are willing!

david archiconstructeur said...

I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I was looking for this information for my mission.

http://www.maison-archi-constructeur.fr/